Please share with your friends and family in areas affected by war, violence, or terrorism.
On-demand, online course
Free with code FreeWarTraumaCourse at checkout
English with Ukrainian translation
Simple Strategies for Managing Physical and Emotional Overwhelm
Given the erupting war in the Middle East, I felt called to share a one-day course on War Trauma I recently conducted for Ukranian civilians and military for free.
During a war, people often suffer from physical and emotional overwhelm. In this course, I share simple strategies to manage both on a daily basis. These strategies can be used by therapists for helping others and by civilians and military personnel for self-help.
The course includes demonstrations with a Ukrainian civilian and a member of the armed forces.
- Neurophysiological strategies for regulating physiological overwhelm from war, violence, and terrorism
- Techniques for regulating overwhelm in central nervous system (the brain and the spinal cord) and the peripheral autonomic and somatic nervous systems.
- Energy psychology strategies for regulating physiological and emotional overwhelm from war, violence, and terrorism
- Mobilizing the ether element to regulate overwhelm in the central nervous system (the brain and the spinal cord) and the peripheral autonomic and somatic nervous systems
- Demonstration session: Working with a woman serving in the military to help manage her anxiety about her husband being at risk at the frontlines of the war.
- Strategies for regulating emotional overwhelm from war, violence, and terrorism from the practice of embodying emotions
- The 7-Step Protocol: A method for working with people with low affect tolerance who are suffering from both emotional and physiological overwhelm.
- Demonstration session. Working with a woman who cannot sleep because she is anxious about her husband and son at risk in the frontlines of the war, with outcomes reported two months after the session.
About Raja Selvam, PhD
Raja Selvam, PhD, is the author of The Practice of Embodying Emotions and developer of Integral Somatic Psychology™, a new paradigm in body psychotherapy based on state-of-the-art research in neuroscience, affect theory, cognitive psychology, and emotion. He has helped over 1,500 therapists in 20 countries graduate from his ISP Professional Training.
His articles on trauma, embodiment, and spirituality have appeared in several journals.
Raja is also Senior Faculty at Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute and works as a licensed clinical psychologist with a PhD in Psychology.
Integral Somatic Psychology is neither a regulatory nor licensing organization and therefore not sanctioned to certify, license, or otherwise bestow the legal authorization to practice as a mental health professional.