|May 18 - 21||2023|
A Four-Day Hybrid (in-person and online) Workshop with Dr. Raja Selvam, PhD
In English with Romanian Translation
Bucharest, Romania, and live online (Zoom)
What You Will Learn
- What is spirituality?
- What are the different stages of spiritual development?
- How can traumatic experiences and working with them contribute to spiritual growth?
- How can traumatic experiences and avoiding working with them hinder spiritual development?
- What is a spiritual bypass?
- How can one work with emotional experiences, especially intense emotional experiences from shock, developmental, and complex traumas, through the practice of embodying emotions from Integral Somatic Psychology™ (ISP™)?
- How can one develop a greater capacity to tolerate emotional experiences, especially unpleasant ones, through the practice of embodying emotions to resolve trauma symptoms efficiently?
- How does developing a greater capacity to tolerate opposites in emotional experiences (such as hope and hopelessness and integration and disintegration) increase one’s sense of self, mindfulness, discrimination, and potential for spiritual growth?
The Workshop Includes
- 4 days of live training
- 2 Demonstration Sessions each day
- Guided group exercises
This hybrid workshop will be conducted in person in Bucharest, Romania, and will also be broadcast live via Zoom.
Each day starts at 10.00 and ends at 18.30, with a 13.00 – 14.30 lunch break (but may break earlier at times). All times are Eastern European Standard Time (GMT +2.00).
450 euros. Register by 5/5/2023.
About Dr. Raja Selvam
Raja Selvam, PhD, a licensed clinical psychologist from the US, is the developer of Integral Somatic Psychology (ISP). ISP is a complementary science-backed and body-based therapeutic approach developed to improve treatment times and diverse outcomes (cognitive, emotional, behavioral, physical, energetic, relational, and spiritual) in all therapy modalities including body-oriented modalities such as Somatic Experiencing® (SE™).
Since 1997 Dr. Selvam is also a senior trainer in Dr. Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing (SE) Professional Trauma Training Program. He has taught for twenty-five years in nearly as many countries in North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East, and the Far East. His book The Practice of embodying emotions: A guide for improving cognitive, emotional, and behavioral outcomes was published in English in March 2022 and will be available in a dozen other languages including Romanian by 2023/2024.