Learn effective methods to help clients work through prenatal and perinatal trauma and global high-intensity activation
18 CE Credits available
What You Will Learn
Persistent imprints from prenatal and perinatal traumas are often in the form of implicit somatic memories with a tendency towards global high-intensity activation in the central nervous system.
This can lead to long-term symptoms such as anxiety, migraines, heart dysregulation, allergies, attachment and relational difficulties, and emotional difficulties such as persistent low self-esteem.
Symptoms of prenatal and perinatal trauma and global high-intensity activation can also be seen in clients whose caregivers had activation from causes such as war; or in clients who did not have adequate interactive regulation from their caregivers early in their lives.
If unresolved, they often form the template of how we are affected by later traumas and compromise our ability to cope with them.
Learn effective methods to help clients work through prenatal and perinatal trauma and global high-intensity activation, utilizing
- the specialized knowledge of the physiology and energy anatomy of prenatal and perinatal trauma and global high-intensity activation,
- the principles of physical and energetic regulation, and
- the tools of emotional embodiment and interpersonal resonance from Integral Somatic Psychology™ (ISP™) that include the work with archetypes from Jungian psychology as resources to help facilitate emotional processing.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Major types of prenatal and perinatal trauma
- Existential terror, fragmentation, rage, and shame
- Physiological and energetic defenses commonly involved
- Global high-intensity of the central nervous system
- How to efficiently work with all of the above by building a greater capacity for a larger range of emotional experiences by using the body as a container
- The science of embodied cognition, emotion, and behavior
- The role of archetypes from Jungian psychology as resources for processing emotions
ISP has developed into a rich treasure. In helping clients with difficult emotions such as fear, grief, and pain my work has gained much more containment and depth. And during a severe flu combined with heart symptoms I was able to regulate my anxiety through what I have learned at ISP. I highly recommend ISP to therapists.